Saturday, January 9

Sydney Festival 2010 - Bale de Rua & Al Green

I get off at St. James station with my sister and we're pumped up for the opening night of Sydney festival 2010. We're not even at Hyde Park and we can already see smoke and lights. Circus, acrobatics, musicians, Bale de Rua and AL GREEN! 

Yep, my night was pretty spectacular. 
My favourite acts were Bale de Rua and of course, Al Green (we love you Al). 

Bale de Rua
Bale de Rua is a group of Brazilian dancers who bring together a fusion of hip-hop, African dance, samba and capoeira onto the stage. Sounds pretty awesome right? Without disappointment, they were fearsomely awesome. Although, I could only see from the side of the stage, it didn't matter because the performance was about feeling the rhythm, as much as it was about watching the versatility of the dancers. Bale de Rua will be playing at the Opera House
 (Sydney) throughout the duration of the Sydney Festival. I'm so tempted to see them!































What I want to see:
Igor Stravinsky's Oedipus Rex and the Symphony of Psalms

Information can be found here:
http://www.sydneyfestival.org.au/2010/Music/Oedipus-Rex-Symphony-of-Psalms/

1 comment:

Essssss said...

You didn't tell me you were updating here again!! I want to see this: http://www.sydneyfestival.org.au/2010/Theatre/Six-Characters-in-Search-of-an-Author/ but it's so expensive! Wahhh! So is the one you want to see @_@

Post a Comment

Archives