Tuesday, January 19

ONIGIRI!!!

I'm so excited for Thursday and Friday. I'm going to make Onigiri on Thursday, so I can eat it on Friday, with my bestest friend at track!


...And so it begins...my journey into the delicate art of lunchbox making. Well, this is how it began...

"What the hell is a Hamburg steak?"
"Hambur.....kdskj steak!"
"You mean a hamburger steak?"
"No. Hamburg Steak."

Yes. I found out that there is a dish (and yes, it is food) called Hamburg Steak. Upon making this wonderful culinary discovery, I was, there and then, dazzled into the world of "Onigiri".

I hadn't had much of a thing for Onigiri before. Yes, I was a bit of a bento fanatic for a short while (look at a previous post, sited with a Mona Lisa bento). Although, Onigiri didn't, much appeal to me as a flavoursome sort of food. The whole art, in itself, just said to me: "rice can look cute and bubbly, just like sausage". *Sigh* How wrong, I was. Oh so wrong.

It was only last night that I was watching a youtube link about making "Onigiri". It was a cyber channel called; something a long the lines of "Cooking with a Dog"...hmm...I don't really know what to say about that. But, it was really, really cool! Now, I want to finish my degree and become a bento master, specializing in the profession of making Hello Kitty shaped onigiri!!!

Thank you so much to my bestest friend! Best gift in the world!!! ^_^

Check out later post for MY OWN Onigiri.

Kat :)

SPAM ONIGIRI

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Archives