Sunday, April 26

After the Weekend

A Monday afternoon in the office is usually a quiet one.

I have just finished some readings about television and the Diaspora community, and now feel the sudden urge to write. But, write about what?

Well, it seems that the only time I can manage to post a new blog entry is in the office. Which makes it a little hard to get creative, since my brain is usually too fried to brainstorm anything interesting by the time I get to sit down and type. So I decided to have another browse through dessert recipes (something I have been doing more regularly since my last post about the Green Tea Sponge Cake).

Anyway, I found this website called the Joy of Baking (http://www.joyofbaking.com/) and I clicked on a recipe for Peanut Blossom Cookies, which, by the way, looks like the perfect dessert for Peanut Butter lovers!

So, what it is, exactly, is a Peanut Butter flavoured cookie with a Hershey's Chocolate Kiss as a yummy, decorational topping. Apparently, there is nothing better than chocolate and Peanut Butter. Put the two together and you've got yourself some killer dessert going. This stuff seems really good for 'movie nights' with friends, or, for whenever you feel like a Peanut Butter snack attack. I mean, I have nothing against eating out of the jar, but sometimes I wouldn't mind having a Peanut Butter snack that can be dipped in tea or a mug of warm milk (mmm...). This sounds relatively simple as well. But, I mean this in a good way. You know what they say, 'Simple is the Best'! So here's a picture of what they look like.



Nothing more needs to be said...typed :)

Well...maybe not about Peanut Blossoms, but I wanted to do a little personal promotion for this Thai franchise restaurant called 'Yai'. Actually, there are only two restaurants and they're both in Sydney. I have never heard of it before, so I'm not sure how well I can recommend it, but it seems relatively cheap and, could be delicious.

I was looking through the pile of junk mail sent to the office today and found their flyer. They have this combo deal going on at the moment, where you can choose bewteen a curry, wok fired, noodle or salad dish, plus a can of drink, for only $10. If you're a student, like me, ten dollars is already way too pricy on the 'stingy lunch' radar, but, being so spend wary myself, I wouldn't be giving this place a thumbs up unless I thought it was acceptable. So, what it is, is they also do free lunch deliveries between 11 am and 3 pm, 7 days a week. Oooh.. you can also place internet orders!! I think ten dollars plus free delivery is pretty good. Here's their website http://www.yai.com.au/

Happy Thai Eating!!.. oh and also cheers to Peanut Butter ^o^

Kat

(Yum Nua Salad aka. Thai Beef Salad)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Archives